Saturday, May 3, 2014

I Just Didn’t Want to go that Pain Medication Route!


What is Sciatica?


Sciatica is a fairly common form of pain that affects the sciatic nerve — a large nerve that extends from the lower back down the back of each of the legs.


Sciatic Symptoms:


Common symptoms of sciatica pain include pain in the leg or rear that becomes worse when sitting as well as burning or tingling down the leg. Other symptoms include numbness, weakness, or difficulty moving the foot or leg. Those who suffer from sciatica may also experience constant pain on one side of the rear or a shooting pain that makes standing up more difficult.


Sciatica Treatment:


Treatment of sciatica may include:  spinal manipulation, rehab therapy and trigger point injections.


“I’ve been coming to LifeWorks Integrative Health for a little over a year now. When I first came here, I had extreme sciatic pain running down the left side of my body. It was nonstop; it got the point where I was doing epidurals, injections and was finally on pain medications. I just didn’t want to go that pain medication route. I have to say that I am so glad, that despite my reservations, I did it. Now I can exercise, walk (at least a mile) and sciatic pain is completely gone. It’s just been kind of a lifesaver for me.” – Kathleen



I Just Didn’t Want to go that Pain Medication Route!

No comments:

Post a Comment